Tuesday, October 25, 2005

women of peace


This woman is holding up a picture of Casey Sheehan who perished in the military. I took this picture at a candel light vigil in support of Cindy Sheehan the mother of Casey, who was camped out in front of President Bush's ranch, and trying to meet with him, to get a response from him about the reasons for the war.

I liked the idea of this picture, because it is a positive message rather than a cynical, jaded, or negative message as many of my pictures tend to be, and as many political activist activities tend to be. Gotta throw some positivity in for the balance!

I put this picture up today also in honor of Rosa Parks who sat down for freedom back in the 60's. She just passed away yesterday. She was 92, and the spark of the civil rights movement for refusing to stand up on her tired feet, and give up her seat to a white man.

I have seen a bumper sticker recently that said..."well behaved women rarely make history". It's true...the women who make their mark on this world are often the ones who are feisty and independent. Watch out guys!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Aimee said...

I have that bumper sticker on my car. I love it!

October 26, 2005 10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home