Friday, October 07, 2005

processed



This is a strong contrast between the clearcut land and the finished product. Looks like something out of the Lorax to me. Except in this world the trufulla trees are not cut down to make thneeds that everyone needs. They are cut down to build things like houses that could be made out of other material. Funny how we kill the houses of many animals to build our own houses...and we call ourselves a "sophisticated" and "advanced" culture. Until we stop killing the homes of other creatures to make our own, I can't morally say that I am part of a "sophisticated", "advanced" or even HUMANE species. This shot was up in Oregon, and was actually just a fleeting thought to get the clearcut. Then I noticed the sign told me to watch for heavy trucks, and I learned one of the most important lessons of this style of photography...don't just press the shutter button...wait for the shot! It works!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

awesome blog and a great name and hope u dont mind me saying your hot!

love the pics!

October 08, 2005 9:27 PM  
Blogger Ryan Mlynarczyk said...

Uh...yikes. uummmmm thanks...but i didn't, know these blogs were a place for people to hit on other people. Um...that's not really why I write. And another point...i'm not gay. But thanks for the compliment.

October 09, 2005 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home