Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Sorry



This picture was a total accident. I left the shutter open for ¼ of a second and was hoping to get the lights of the traffic to paint the image, while shaking the camera in all directions. I didn't realize that a bus or some vehicle passed by with lights that read "Sorry" for some reason. It could have been a bus that said "sorry out of service". This image made me want to add a child to it, so I superimposed a pic i took of a sad looking child. It is such a good element too as it could be a soft and sweet greeting card impression that one takes from looking at this image like "I'm sorry…so sorry", or
it could be interpreted to be wild and chaotic traffic that mankind has created which owes an apology to our cute flower picking kids for the car worshiping and fast paced world that we are leaving to them.
However it is interpreted, it is what it is…a digitally manipulated and accidental image!

------------------------------------------


I spend this weekend shooting another wedding. I realized that I really admire wedding photographers...it is basically photojournalism, and it is an art to capture the moment again and again and again and again. I am learning and my pictures are getting better. I just finished my wedding portfolio...www.1thinlayer.com/ryan.htm
I don't think i will post any more pictures of weddings on this blog unless they are related to my passion...conscious photography.

Adrien started her librarian job yesterday, and it was so good to see her active, and using her amazing talents once again. She can really take initiative and perform wonders in stressful situations with not much structure. I am inspired!

1 Comments:

Blogger Aimee said...

Woah... I've looked at that 4 times now. I didn't see the "Sorry" until I clicked and got an enlarged image. WAY cool!

And congrats on another wedding last weekend. Way to start with a bang. :) How's A liking her job?

September 28, 2005 11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home