Monday, September 19, 2005

mysterious routes

"there is a route to follow and sometimes it is the mysterious and unexplainable route that leads us to where we are and where we need to be."

This quote came from a friend, Carrie, who was encouraging me that it's ok that I quit law school.

I am so inspired by this comment as I was just reading a book about a nature photographer this weekend who quit his 9-5 job to pursue photography. He said he ended up having the time of his life, as he felt like he now gets to do what he would normally do for vacation as his full time job...photography! I know it's rare for people to be able to do that...but I am gonna try. Why not, we only get to live this life once!

On that note, the mysterious route has become very exciting this past weekend. I got hired as an assistant to a wedding photographer, whom is a environmental photographer friend of mine. She's willing to take me on to mentor me to get my own wedding gigs, to finance my own endeavors for conscious photography, and hopefully making a book someday.

a pic of the wedding i helped photograph this weekend:



The other amazing thing was that my law firm boss was totally ok with me quitting law school, and even allowed me to keep the raise i got which was supposed to be for helping me pay for law school!

Mysterious and unexplainable indeed.

3 Comments:

Blogger Aimee said...

Ok, first of all, that picture is fantastic!

Secondly, I'm so glad that your decision has been verified by the universe. And so quickly. :) You're a lucky man.

Third, I'm having email issues. Yeah, who knows... I can read my messages, but it's taking for-freaking-ever to load a response. Soooo... I'll write you back in the morning.

Have a great homework-free evening!

September 19, 2005 6:51 PM  
Blogger truevyne said...

Ryan,
My twenty-something cousin is a photograher for a business which publishes chamber of commerce mags all over the U.S. He's doing a personal project which I find to be a great way to develop his passion- every day, never misses, he publishes a new photo on his blog. Most shots are average, some really not, a few are fabulous. Thought you might like to check it out. And, I don't necessarily like to READ the blog or his comments- It's the pics I go for. You may see what I mean. mindofthephotographer.blogspot.com

September 23, 2005 6:58 AM  
Blogger Aimee said...

So tell us, what have you been doing the last week? I miss your posts.

September 26, 2005 8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home